Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Birds


On our way to Grove yesterday we passed through Bernice. On the left side of the lake there were THOUSANDS. . . . ok maybe hundreds . . . . of pelicans floating on the water. HUGE big white bumps everywhere the eye could see. But only on the left side of the bridge. Odd? Cow birds were on the right had side of the bridge but only a few.
We have had such warm weather the last week I guess the birds decided to stay for a short vacation. These birds are so HUGE I must admit to being a bit in awe of them. Of course I did not have my camera so the pic above is of an Austrian pelican not American white.
We are cold now here in Oklahoma awaiting the really deep freeze heading our way to arrive.
Hope everyone has a wonderfully happy and safe holiday!
(=^o^=)

2 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh gosh, stay warm!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and sending blessings to you and your family...Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
XO

Pretty Things said...

The birds are amazing! And I LOVE the photo on your other blog of the cat collapsing the box! My dearly departed kitty would do that... cram himself into a box WAY too small for himself and then KERCHUNK -- no more box.