Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quilt Guild news

Quilts of Valor will be hosting a new challenge. They stated there are 2.7 MILLION quilters in the good ol US of A. Their challenge is for ONE million of these quilters to make a new quilt using the new pattern designed by a Pryor Quilt Guild member, "Touched by War." We were delighted to see a picture of the quilt that was overnighted to Washington to be at the new release. Michele Obama will be endorsing this challenge.

Close to the end of this year the quilt will be on Martha Stewart's show. Any person that has participated in any war will now be eligible to receive a quilt, not just those that are fighting terrorism. At this time it was not known if the quilt pattern will be free for us to make a quilt from or if it will be used as a fund raiser. Any way you look at I am totally excited I get to participate in the making of Quilts of Valor!

Unfortunately I did not have my camera with so I could not take a picture and as a new member I did not know the lady's name that designed the quilt. I think they said Lee Ann. They did say she is in the process of having her second book published and she has self published patterns before. Just so exciting! The quilt would be very beautiful made in bright colors.

Have a joy filled day!

No comments: