Saturday, April 10, 2010

Such a wonder day

This bunch of Variegated Solomon's Seal started out as four little plants two years ago. Now look at their beauty! I have split off a hand full each year to spread around in the shade garden. Under their graceful necks are tiny white bell flowers. Tiny little border hostas by the fence.


This is a low spot in the garden. I need to slowly build up the dirt here so the winter freeze and thaws do not kill my grass and hostas. Several of the hostas bit the dust this past winter so I need to re plant in this area......slowly this time.



I have another bumper crop of wild violets this year. There are even some pure white ones this year! I get tickled when I read other blogs where the gardeners are so thrilled these weeds are growing in their space. I rip out hundreds of violets each year. I will be tearing out everything in this garden, working in lots of dirt conditioner. I plan on making this a total hosta garden as it is almost always in shade I will put in my new blue and yellow hostas.


This little corner of ground cover is spreading well along with trans planted Solomon's Seal from last year.







I am going to add some Homestead Purple verbena to this spot this year.


I plan on putting these blooming beauties thru out to pull the spaces together. LOVE the color.




This is a new grass for the garden this year. Also the good ol'standby lantana for the sunny front. At the bottom you see a sweet potato vine. These grow to be gi-normas in my garden...almost over takes the area and kills out the perennials. I am moving it over to a some what bare spot this year so it can just grow to its hearts content.

We are having such a beautiful day here in Green Country. This is looking out to the right from my patio.
We do NOT look over to the left as we can see the nasty man that lives back there. He enjoys making gross noise while scratching himself and staring at the people in my yard. He noticed me on the patio and started up his nasty behavior so I am now inside on this beautiful day. I hope to afford privacy fencing for that side of my yard SOON!
From this distance the green fence around my shade garden just fades away. BaiLeigh is checking out the sent of some critter that has been visiting us a night. Big dogs paws are the size of dessert plates so she kills most every plant she steps on therefore I must fence. As you can see from the shadows cast on the pole barn my trees have not even started to bud yet. The big bird bath was once my grandpa's then moms and now mine. That whole corner is being worked on this year.
More pics to follow as my garden continues to grow.
Hope you have a beautiful week end also.

No comments: