Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rain, Hail, Floods


This is my neighbors back yard. His raised garden is flooded.


This is a shot of the back of our properties. This is when flooding had just started.

After taking pictures of the front of the house I went into the pole barn in the back. The water came up really fast and I was trapped in the garage. Now I understand how people get trapped in the floods. I rolled up my jeans stepped down into FREEZING cold water up over my ankles. SO shocking! I thought my toes were going to freeze off.


This is the water running down the alley, nice and swift.



I had put my garden sheets on the fence earlier this morning in the sun shine to dry so I could put them up until next spring. We had up to 70 mph winds.




We had hail like I have never seen before. It was coming down so hard & heavy I could not see the barn behind the house. There is still piles of ice in the yard four hours after the storm.





Hail off the front porch with the drip off the roof cutting the line in half.




Ankle deep water with lots of hail floating.





Can't hardly see the black top. Water up in the neighbors yard flowing to the back. I did not expect it to get even higher but of course it did.




Shot of the water out in back.




My poor hostas went down for the count. I wish I had known we were going to get such a bad hail storm I would have put the sheet over the tender plants.
We are still under a severe thunderstorm watch. We had six to eight inches of water standing in the yard and expect more to come during the night with another hail storm (channel 2 weatherman just said) yuck!
The day started out with sun shine. Then dark as pitch. Hail, rain, then floods. Then the sun came out again. Now as evening comes the storms get closer.
I look forward to tomorrow...............sunshine again!








No comments: