Saturday, May 9, 2009

Anybody have an aqua mower?

My dd found a tick this morning stuck to her tummy. I always freak when ticks are found on her as she has already suffered thru one case of spotted tick fever. She decided she needed to get the grass cut this afternoon in hopes of getting rid of our tick population. It is still so wet in the back an aqua mower would have been the best thing to use.

The front yard hasn't greened up completely as it is a warm weather grass. Within the month it will look like a well maintained golf course with ankle deep, soft, green grass. Last year two little boys stood on our side walk arguing about the grass being real or fake since the lawn was so pretty. Dd is very picky about the care "her" grass.
The back yard is mostly pretty weeds with nasty grass in between clumps of ugly weeds and more weeds. Oh did I mention dandelions? We have plenty of those also. Yep, close to a sea of yellow at times.




We also have a bumper crop of wild strawberries growing this year. I think this might be an invasive plant so I will be keeping a close eye on it so it does not take over the entire garden. As of now I will leave the berries for the birds to eat.

I got to use my new weed eater dd got for me. It is a "Worx" 2 in 1 grass trimmer and edger. I used it some on the walk out back but as I stated earlier it is so wet out there I put the trimmer up until we get dryer.

Hope everyone has a happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

No comments: