Saturday, July 25, 2009

New Fabric store

I visited "Country Fabrics & Gifts" in Strang. Small out building with two walls lined with pretty fabric at prices lower than "big" town stores.

The picture above and below shows some of the nice handmade gifts they have to offer. Handmade blankets, quillows, bibs, burp cloths, quilts, towel sets, and more. The prices make it worth the drive.
A friend of my daughter is expecting her son to be born any day. I purchased the cutest burp clothes: one says "spit happens" and a receiving blanket.
When I walked out to my car I noticed two really BIG birds in the field. I could not talk them into coming over to see me up close.


I drove through scary country roads to get back to the turnpike. I stopped in Claremore to check out the clearance sale at Simply Scrapbooks. Their inventory is getting lower, not as many lines of paper. However they are now stocking "Ten Seconds" ago metal and tools. They also have all of the wood mount rubber stamps half price. Be interesting to see what new items they plan to stock after they return from market.
I will be heading out in the morning for an auction. I hope they have some good old stuff.
later.

No comments: