Monday, September 14, 2009

Polka Spots

I just love polka spots. Don't know where or when it all began but I have noticed for the last couple of years any thing with polka spots draws my attention. I also love black and white checker board cloth. It really draws my eye into the project.

I bought a chest at Hobby Lobby a few months back. I had no idea how to gussy it up until Suze over at "pink crayon studio" posted some box projects she has been working on for her studio. I had purchased some polka dotted paper to stuff in a gift and just could not bring myself to use it! Just seemed wrong to crunch up that beautiful spotted paper and stuff it in a bag just to be put in the trash after. Now it will become one of the layers on my chest.

Only one area is a concern. Some how something got on the corner of the chest and stained it. I will have to do something to get my paper to stick.

Pictures will follow later today if I can get the layers to dry. Since we are having a cool rainy, sunless day I may have to finish it up tomorrow.

Oh and I finally get to do a "Quilt of Valor" block! I received an e mail from Amanda Jean at "crazy mom quilts" to send a block to her. I will whip that out today also.

Second Oh, btw I am listening to music again! Be glad you can't her me singing along!

Good things to follow :o)

Later!

No comments: