Friday, September 25, 2009

Sue Spargo

Thursday evening was Sue Spargo Trunk Show. OH MY GOSH! This is one talented lady.


From 9:00 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. was a wonderful all day class with Sue showing us how to do some of the cool things she does. Sue is so sweet. She kindly showed us steps over and over until we all got them. We played with the most beautiful wool. At 50.00 to 60.00 a yard I could only purchase inches of some cool colors. I will post a pic of the class project when I get it finished.
Crazy quilting had prepared me for a lot of the stitches we used to create our wonderfully textured piece. I can also use the fibers, velvets, buttons, and metal that was purchased while I was pretending to be a crazy quilter.
We spent the night in Rogers, Arkansas last night since we would have to get up and gone before seven a.m. to be in time for class. Our hotel room smelled clean as it was a non smoking room but my daughters pillow smelled like sour sweet ( I bought a new neck pillow at Wal Mart so I did not use the hotel pillows) and the shower would not work.
Bikers, Blues and BBQ is going on this week end at Fayetteville, AR so the few hotel rooms available had DOUBLED their prices. I told the lady at the hotel it was good for her but hard on my wallet. However, I did not want to drive two hours home and then turn around and go right back so I paid the charge.
It is so quite here tonight as our puppies are at the Bed and Breakfast in Grove. We were too late to get them out tonight. I will be up bright and early tomorrow to go pick my fur babies up and bring them home.
Have a joyful evening!

No comments: