Saturday, December 12, 2009

Finally

They FINALLY listened to us? Us being the customer and "they" being the BANK. No.

Due to recent bank REGULATION changes they (bank) have finally taken our over draft amount out of our available balance. We have asked for this from our bank for years. Their answer? "We can't do that. The program is written to include the over draft amount. The only way to remove it is to remove your over draft protection."

Funny thing is Arvest NEVER had the over draft amount included in the amount. I thought then and still think this was just another way of a small town bank taking advantage of customers. Ranks right up there with small town banks that post the checks to the accounts, some times causing an over draft along with lots of charges, then they would post deposits. Ooops! They would say. Your checks arrived before the deposit was made...........by two minutes so now you owe us $35.00. AND being the nice people we are we did not send the check back we just charged you a small fee. PHOOEY!

So now the program no longer has the over draft protection amounts in your balance. Took the IT guy at the bank a flip of a switch to remove it. However, I can still guarantee you there is a hefty number on the income statement for overdraft charges. I worked at a bank and am NOT in favor of over drafting an account.

However I do have a question for those that do over draft their accounts. WHY do you write a $50.00 check each day of the week? Why not just write one for $400.00 and get it over with? Only one fee to incur? Why I ask? WHY????

Such a petty pet peeve :o)

I am sleepy and cranky today. I have tons to do and NO energy. Too much stress in my life that has nothing to do with the Season. Well, almost nothing.

I have a dirty house. I need to remove the rest of my mother's belongings from her house as we have sold it and will be closing next week. BIG stressor there. We still have fleas and my dd big dog is allergic to fleas so her butt is almost stripped of hair as she has chewed it all off. It is cold and have froze here so the dang fleas should be DEAD! ( I put new flea stuff on all the animals last evening and vitamin E on big dogs hinney)

I still work two jobs and my mother's health is declining. I know I should just be glad I have a paying job but I really need some energy as by Saturday all I can do is sit on the couch and yawn. Oh, and I EAT all day between yawns.

Other than that life is good. I have a warm soft bed to sleep in and too much food to stuff my face to get fatter with. I need more energy.

Guess I will have to give up and exercise. yuck. I would rather sew on my quilt and hammer on the metal jewelry I am making for Christmas gifts.

We watched Julie and Julia tonight. Such a good movie. We really liked it. I was not ready for it to end. Good lesson tho as Julia Child's lived to be OVER 90 years old and ate her weight in butter. :o)

Off to sleep in my soft warm bed.

Have a blessed December.

(=^o^=)

No comments: